These Matcha and White Chocolate Protein Cups are a yummy treat for that simple go to snack when only chocolate will do – of course like many of my recipes they have the added oomph of protein along with a superfood powder; matcha!
My all time favourite chocolate has always been white chocolate and for some reason I had been yet to make a white chocolate protein snack…… until this happened. Each cup contains 8g Protein and is only 130 calories.
The sweet flavour of the white chocolate mixed with the slightly bitter taste of the matcha makes the perfect combination. I topped them with crushed walnuts for added protein and to provide a slightly crunchy texture among the smooth chocolate.
If you’re not a fan of white chocolate you could use milk or dark and equally you could use different nuts for the top instead of walnuts. These are the simplest to make and take less than 10 minutes…whats not to like?
- 50g White Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Powder
- 2 tablespoons roughly crushed pecans
- Add the White Chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on increments of 20 seconds, stirring and checking each time until melted
- Stir in the Vanilla Protein Powder and Matcha Powder
- Fill 4 silicone cups with the mixture and top with the nuts
- Place in the freezer for at least two hours to set
- Store in the fridge or freezer